Can Dependent can study in UK

There are currently no restrictions on dependents for studying in UK. There are no restrictions on the level or type of study but dependents are advised to obtain ATAS clearance if they are studying any specific course .

A person’s partner and children are ‘dependents’ they may be able to apply to come to the UK or stay longer in the UK on the basis of the applicant.

You must be a full-time student on a postgraduate level course or above that which could  last 9 months or longer. A person’s dependents will be able to work full-time without restrictions which include being self employed and there will not be able to take employment as doctor or dentist in training. 

Dependents of students are also allowed to undertake full or part time study but in most cases they will be required to pay overseas fees.

In the United Kingdom children must be in full-time education from the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday to the age of 16. Schooling is free for children aged 16 and under who are in the UK as the dependents of international students.

A person can be a UK student visa dependent if they are the wife or husband of the applicant. A person can work in the UK on a Dependent Visa in the Tier 2 stream. 

The conditions of employment will specify that they can be employed until the time of Dependent Visa is valid. A person will be dependent on the Partner/spouse for the dependent status UK . There is no IELTS is not required for TIER 2 dependent visa applications. A Tier 2 Dependent Visa is for children and the partners accompanying or joining their family members in the UK

Share :

Latest News

The World's Digital Nomad Visa

July 27, 2022

Your Machine Learning Portfolio

July 27, 2022

Trying to Manifest an Easy Visa Extension

July 27, 2022

Visa Types

Free Online Assessment

Need a Visa Application?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *