Can I study in the USA with B1/B2 visa?

Can I study in the USA with B1/B2 visa?

If you are a nonimmigrant like B-1 or B-2 and want to study at the U.S.A school, you should file a Form I-539, “Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status,” which means if you are physically present in the USA and wish to request an extension of your current V nonimmigrant status, and change status to a V nonimmigrant. with the Citizenship and Immigration Services of the USA to change either an F-1 or M-1 status and pay the required fee and include the essential documents listed in the instructions. While your Form I-539 is pending, you must maintain your B-1 or B-2 status and cannot enroll in your SEVP-certified program until USCIS (United State Citizenship Immigration Services) approves your change of status request. Enrolling in a course of study as a B-1 or B-2 nonimmigrant, to receive authorization, will be a status violation and result in ineligibility to extend your B status or change to F-1 or M-1 status in the future.


If USCIS has not adjudicated your change of status at least 15 days before the starting date of the program on your I-20 Form, you should contact the Principal designated school official (PDSO). at your new school as you may need to postpone your attendance to a program start date.

You should maintain your B-1/B-2 status up to 30 days before the initial starting date of your program then only the USCIS will approve your Form I-539 change of status request.



Visit Now:

Share :

Latest News

The World's Digital Nomad Visa

July 27, 2022

Your Machine Learning Portfolio

July 27, 2022

Trying to Manifest an Easy Visa Extension

July 27, 2022

Visa Types

Free Online Assessment

Need a Visa Application?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *